Warmer weather is finally here. Can I get an amen?
The more sun we see, the more cookouts, parties, and hangouts we tend to see. And more often then not, food is involved.
To me, this is a perfect dessert to bring to a party. It’s easy to assemble but tastes like you poured hours into it, and is always a crowd pleaser. You can switch up the toppings (and cookie dough) to match any season, holiday, or celebration. Easy peasy.
Here’s what you’ll need:[unordered_list style=”tick”]
- 16-18 oz Sugar cookie dough (I use store bought but you can certainly make your own)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruit for topping
- Chocolate fudge sauce for drizzling, or any other toppings you’d like
- Press and/or roll cookie dough onto a greased (or lined with a Silpat or foil) pizza pan. Roll dough out to about 12 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake cookie dough for 8-10 minutes; edges should be a light golden brown. Do not over bake! You want a soft cookie crust.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread on cookie crust once cooled.
- Top with fruit and any desired toppings. Cool in refrigerator and serve chilled.
And just like that you’re all set to party. Enjoy![pinterest count=”horizontal”]