Crock pot meals are great all year round, but to me there is just something about slow cooking food in the fall and winter that just feels right.
Maybe it’s because little work is required and the outcome is often warm and comforting…perfect for hibernation.
This recipe is easy and painless and can take on whatever flavor you’d like it to. Simply rub, pour, cook, and share and you’ll have yourself a new best friend. Or an extra adoring significant other :).
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Adapted from Jenna’s recipe
- 2-4 lb ribs
- 2-4 Tbsp rib rub (I used Grill Mates Cowboy Rub)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Generously rub and completely cover ribs with rub seasoning
- Place ribs in slow cooker and pour BBQ sauce over ribs
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 7 hours OR turn on high and cook for 3-4 hours (I placed 3 lb ribs in crock pot while they were frozen and cooked on high for 4 hours then on low for 1 hour and they turned out great).
Big Fisch loves these paired with mashed sweet potatoes. Here’s an easy way to cook them:
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Rinse and pat dry your sweet potato. Pierce the potato several times with a fork, and loosely wrap in a paper towel. Place in microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on the size). Flip the potato over and cook for another 2-3 mins. Potato should feel soft and insides should be completely “mash-able” (if not, continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes). Slice potato open length-wise and mash with a fork. Mix in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar if you desire.
Serve with iced tea and dig in!