My friend Laura over at Real Home Living nominated me for the Liebster Award and I thought I’d give it a go since I haven’t done something like this on my blog before. It kind of reminds me of AOL profiles back in the day. Remember those? Everyone listed out random facts about themselves, or wrote their favorite relationship quote that you could also find on a key chain at Claire’s. You know you did it.
Anyway, here’s a little bit more about me.
How it works:
1. Create a blog post including 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 random questions from the blogger who nominated you
3. Give this award to at least 5 blogs and link to them in the post
4. Tell those people you nominated them
5. You cannot nominate the person who has nominated you
6. Remember to tag blogs with less than 200 followers
1. I am obsessed with water bottles. Especially Camelbaks and Contigos.
2. I was born in Oklahoma. I’m serious y’all.
3. Few things delight me more than snuggling up with a good book and a glass of wine.
4. When I was younger, I always said that if I had been a boy, I would become an FBI agent. For some reason, I had it in my mind that as a girl it was not an option for me… strange.
5. I have wretched handwriting and there’s simply nothing I seem to be able to do about it. Oh wait, that was already a known fact.
6. If I went on the show “Made”, I would choose to become a dancer.
7. Big Fisch has about 50 different nicknames for me. None of which include Heather. To him, my name is Layla. And Chips, Zoom-lay-o, Krios, Cree Cree, and occasionally the Wicked Witch when he is sleep walking and convinced I’m trying to poison him.
8. Loud sneezes make my skin crawl.
9. If I could, I would have pizza for dinner every night.
10. My favorite classes throughout middle and high school were always English classes. My inner nerd looooves book discussions. Truly, I could talk about hidden themes from literature all. day. long.
11. I’d rather let my toe nails get really long than have to cut them myself. Ew gross. Why did I admit that?
Laura’s 11 Questions for Me:
- What is your current ringtone? I’m not very original when it comes to ringtones. 9 times out of 10, it’s on vibrate.
- Favorite thing to do on a Friday night? Dinner and dancing with fun friends. Salsa, booty shaking, line dancing…you name it, I’ll take it.
- What do you usually have for breakfast? I pretty much always have an egg for breakfast. Lately it includes bacon and/or a fruit smoothie.
- Do you have any superstitions? Hmm, none that I can think of. But when I was little I was afraid that if I didn’t sing my special song before bed each night, the devil would try to scare me while I slept. My song went like this “My heart is unlocked for Jesus but locked for the devil, unlocked for Jesus but locked for the devil, unlocked for Jesus but locked for the devilllll, unlocked for Jesus but LOCKED FOR THE DEVIL!” Don’t worry, I stopped that when I went to college.
- If you had to do it over again what would you study in school? This is a tricky one! I’d like to say I’d study Business, but I LOVED studying Communications. I would however, minor in Writing and Rhetoric instead of Family Studies.
- What TV shows are you into right now? The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Parenthood, Once Upon A Time, Parks and Rec, The Office, Modern Family
- What’s the last concert you went to? Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat whoop whoop!
- What was your first AIM screen name? Ha! Hkeroppi11…. I LOVED Keroppi the frog. And I was 11.
- Favorite birthday memory? Favorite birthday memory would have to be from my 13th birthday when my closest girlfriends slept over and we stayed up making home videos, getting all dressed up in costumes and make up while dancing to Spice Girls and NOW songs. Those videos will never get old. Favorite birthday celebrations would be my Sweet 16, my 18th, and my 24th.
- What was your first paying job? Working the concession stand at the local baseball field.
- If someone gave you $500 for no reason, what would you spend it on? I’d go straight to the mall. It’d probably be gone within 2 hours.