Yikes – as I logged onto this blog I saw the date of my last post: February 17th. I vowed to myself that I wouldn’t allow a whole week to go by without posting, but in the busyness of my first week on the new job, other things took priority. But that’s life sometimes. The good news is that my first week at work was a great one! Although the training and learning can be exhausting at the beginning, my excitement to excel and grow gives me the adrenaline I need to keep going. Here are a few highlights from the week:
– Last Friday I took the day off and got to sleep in, catch up on the Bachelor, and enjoy the 60 degree weather all day. It was fabulous.
– The Thursday before was my last day at the office I temped at. Some of the people I worked with took me out to lunch and gave me an awesome jacket that our company makes. And it is bright green! Love. I will miss those wonderful people.
– My new team of associates (co-workers) are some of the most friendly, thoughtful, caring, and helpful people I have met. I have never received so many smiles and warm welcomes in one week before.
– One wall in my office is completely made up of windows. And the sun pours in.
– Matt was the most supporting, patient, and loving buddy to me even when I was tired, stressed, and impatient with him. I admire and learn from him daily.
– I have the freedom to order post-it notes of all colors, shapes, and sizes.
– Every Friday at work is Popcorn Friday!
– I got to spend the weekend with family and good friends – welcome home Cale!
– God continually poured out strength, courage, and the ability to face obstacles each time I felt weak and empty. And I know He will continue to do so each day because what God calls us to, He will see us through. Ain’t that the truth folks?
Have a great start to your week!