When Sleep-talking Fisch Get Poisoned

There’s been a few times in my relationship with Big Fisch that I’ve accidentally poisoned him.

Although I’ve joked once or twice about purposeful poisoning, these instances were in fact accidental.

Turns out that when you’re allergic to many things under the sun, a well intended home cooked meal can become a death trap.

Oops.

We were at a wedding this past weekend, enjoying the night with friends and celebrating the happy couple. Dinner had been served, the cake had been cut, and the dance floor was hopping. All seemed well.

A song came on that wasn’t a favorite of mine, so I took it as an opportunity to fetch myself some wedding cake. (My favorite moment of all matrimony celebrations).

Big Fisch meandered by and I offered him a bite as I noticed him glance longingly at the cake. Sure, he’s allergic to gluten and dairy, but a small bite without icing won’t hurt, I reasoned. He took me up on my offer and I popped a small piece in his mouth, excited by this rare moment of shared enthusiasm over dessert.

Knowing his limits, he stopped at one bite and wandered back off to converse with a group of friends.…

Read full story · Comments { 0 }